Hello:

What is the significance of TOMCAT webapps\ROOT folder ?

I know it contains the startup page but which server.xml entry tells it to go
to the ROOT folder by default.

I know that some Context entry has everything got to do with it but cannot put
my finger on the correct entry.

There is not Context entry in my conf/server.xml file.  I did not see a
Defaultcontext either.  What am I missing ?

I want to create my own startup page for http://localhost:8080 but could not
find how.  I DONT WANT to replace the webapps/ROOT with my own folder.

I want to be able to change it thru some setting where http://localhost:8080
points to webapps/narahari folder.

Thanks for your time and if this question has been answered please pardon me.

Regards,
-Narahari