Hi!

3) In Apache I'm using some aliases to serve images stored outside my appbase from inside my webapp (Alias /myapp/alias "/path/outside/appbase"). I've implemented this by creating context xml files for all my aliases with appBase="/path/outside/appbase" path="/myapp/alias". Again, is this the preferred way of doing this?

I have found that I cannot forward to these "aliases" that I have created. I was writing a servlet that would forward the client to the correct image in /myapp/images using a RequestDispatcher. When I changed the "alias" to /images and it works.

Not a cry for help this time :) Just telling about my experience since I found it to be a bit strange.

Trond