Hi, Doug,

I am talking about the regular Tomcat logs.  If that is not what you
mean, then I am not aware of the  "windows logs".  Where are they?  My
server.xml is:

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
      description="User database that can be updated and saved">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>pathname</name>
        <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>
  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="8080" />

    <!-- This is here for compatibility only, not required -->
    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

      <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" />

             resourceName="UserDatabase" />

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" />
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Jack

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 07:15:59 -0500, Parsons Technical Services
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> > However, hitting the icon won't start Tomcat.  If I restart the
> > machine it will restart Tomcat however.
> >

> Have you tried starting it from the services window?
>
> > Any ideas?  Do I need to provide any more information?  There is
> > nothing in the logs.
> >

> Which logs? Have you looked in the windows logs and do you have then
> enabled?
>
> Doug
> www.parsonstechnical.com

~Native Proverb~