This is an interesting question.  I have created a ServletFilter that
appends the following headers to all responses:

response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
response.setDateHeader("Last-Modified", System.currentTimeMillis/());
response.setDateHeader("Expires", 0);

This doesn't work.  Firefox will serve the previous page out of it's cache.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been able to make this work.

Karl