private static final char[] enc="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz".toCharArray();

 for (int i=0;i<26;i++)
    System.out.print(enc[i]);

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nilesh Bhattad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 10:34 AM
Subject: off topic - how do i convert an int to char

folks,
sorry for posting this offtopic qns here.. but would someone plz help me out
in converting an int value to char? my requirement is very simple. i'm
looping thro a list and for each counter i need to get 'a', 'b' and so
forth.

basically i need some conversion routine which will convert 0 to 'a', 1 to
'b', 2 to 'c' and so on.

again, i apologize for posting such a dumb qns.

- nilesh