Hi,

>I am on Tomcat 5.0.29.  Can you point me at some documentation on
>configuring it?

As I said, not much of this is done in Tomcat.  It's not Tomcat's job to
worry about you running out of disk space.

The only Tomcat option relevant to this discussion is swallowOutput,
which is a Context attribute that redirects System.out calls for that
webapp from catalina.out to the Logger configured for that Context, if
any.  The Logger is automatically rotated nightly, but its size is not
limited in any way.

You can plug in a logger that has a size ceiling if you want: Loggers
are easy to implement.  Or you can use a 3rd party program as I
mentioned, like cronolog or logrotate, to do this for you.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately