Hi,
Glad you've solved it.  An extra tip on this issue: the commons-lang
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/) SerializationUtils class is
useful in quickly testing whether a complex object graph can be
serialized or not.  I use it every now and then and it's been great.
Hopefully you or others might find it useful in the future.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

called