Thanks, I already read that but didn't quite
understand how I could use that information for my
setup.

First off, I want to run Tomcat as a service and that
seems to talk about running multiple instances with
the startup script.

Second, item number 4 more or less says for multiple
instances "you can use CATALINA_BASE" as an argument
but doesn't really explain CATALINA_BASE.  Is it the
install directory of Tomcat?  Or is it a directory
where I have another set up "webapps" and context
configuration files.  I can't quite visualize what it
means to use CATALINA_BASE and how to set up the
directories.

--- Tino Schöllhorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/RUNNING.txt