On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:22:15AM +0100, Zsolt Koppany wrote:
: Our application based on Tomcat has a strange memory behavior on Linux (SuSe
: 8.1 kernel: 2.4.20 #1 SMP). The utility "top" shows RSS between 132-160MB
: but SIZE is increasing. After one or two weeks SIZE is approx. 180M and than
: we get an OutOfMemory exception and SIZE drops to 159M.
:
: I have tested the application with Borland's optimizeit but found no memory
: leak. Any ideas?

If there's no resource leak, then your app just needs more memory.  What
happens if you increase the heap and do a load test?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com