Why it could not find it?  Where is it in your
standard.jar?  I do not believe the Digester looks at
META-INF/  and checked for contents like these c.tld
in that directory.  Off hand I do not remember what
functionality META-INF/ is for other than this is
where you have a MANIFEST.MF file, the index file for
the jars your webapp uses, and  stash your context.xml
file.
Maybe listing it in MANIFEST.MF makes it "available" ?

--- Tim Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I pulled c.tld from the jar, put it in WEB-INF and
> pointed
> <taglib-location> there. That fixed it. Thank you
> very much.
>
> But what still puzzles me is why TomCat couldn't
> find it in the jar? Is
> there a special syntax for referencing .tlds in a
> jar? Anyway, thanks
> again for your help.
>
> sven morales wrote:
>
> > Thats now how its defined on mine. The
> > <taglib-location> on mine points to a tld file and
> not
> > the standard.jar.  The TLD files should be like
> > definition and attributes of those tags, unless
> your
> > standard.jar includes them already.  My
> standard.jar
> > are basically the package of classes.  An excerpt
> of
> > the "out" tag from the c.tld:
> >
> > 82   <tag>
> >      83     <name>out</name>
> >      84

<tag-class>org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.OutTag</tag-class>
> >      85     <body-content>JSP</body-content>
> >      86     <description>
> >      87     Like &lt;%= ... &gt;, but for
> expressions.
> >      88     </description>
> >      89     <attribute>
> >      90         <name>value</name>
> >      91         <required>true</required>
> >      92         <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
> >      93     </attribute>
> >      94     <attribute>
> >      95         <name>default</name>
> >      96         <required>false</required>
> >      97         <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
> >      98     </attribute>
> >      99     <attribute>
> >     100         <name>escapeXml</name>
> >     101         <required>false</required>
> >     102         <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
> >     103     </attribute>
> >     104   </tag>
> >

> > --- Tim Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>Here you go:
> >>
> >><taglib>

<taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar</taglib-location>

> >></taglib>
> >>
> >>The jar is in that location. And your assumption
> is
> >>correct. I'm using
> >>v1.0 of the JSTL downloaded from Apache.

> >>webapp?

<taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>

> >>simple

> 1.1//EN"

> what

> read

"file:/C:/jboss-3.2.6/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp12024SpeEA.ear-contents/spe.war/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar":