Mark,

Mark Thomas wrote:
If I can get this to work as you expect it to, it should provide a solution for
"how do I use webdav to manage my webapp?" - something that is far from easy at
the moment.

I would imagine the solution might also be related to, "how do I use WebDAV and yet keep users far away from my webapp?"---something that is impossible at the moment. In other words, allow the root directory to be configured to an arbitrary file system location.

I'd be glad to start work on this, but it would help to have some details on exactly what I should be looking at. (See my previous post.) I hesitate to take days out of my project just learning a new framework. I just had a terrible experience with the Jakarta Slide WebDAV client library, which has been arbitrarily thrown together. It took days out of my schedule to learn that 1) creating a WebdavResource for a non-existent file will immediately throw an exception because it checks properties and fails if the file is not on the server; 2) WebdavResource.exists() doesn't work automatically---you have to call headMethod() and check the result; 3) mkcolMethod() with a relative path doesn't work---you must have the full path from root; etc. (Sorry I had to vent.)

Garret