From: Manisha Sathe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 5:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat server - Strange problem - stuck like anything

On my local m/c I had installed Tomcat and it was running properly. I tested
servlet-examples / jsp-example.

Yesterday I tried to create new application inside Tomcat (trying to put the
directory structure - web.xml, also tried to put inside
server.xml (later removed as seems not required)

Yesterday I also installed struts and ant. Created many test applications.
Many times i shut down the tomcat and restarted and every time it was ok,
many my test application ran properly too.

Today morning when i started my computer everything seems to be stopped.
When I tried to start Tomcat server, it gave lots of error msgs. At the end
said started in 180ms (which is too small compare to normal time). When i
tried http://localhost:8080/ i could not open.
Further more i can not delete any folder inside /webapp/ , can not rename
any folder.

When i tried to see Control Panel->System->Advance->Environment Variables I
am unable to edit PATH / CLASSPATH variables.

What i did : in different directory i re-installed Tomcat server, seems to
be working. I tried to delete old TomCat directory - but i am getting
following error

Can not delete bootstrap.jar : Access is denied. The source file may be in
use.

I do not know what to do, i need to modify the PATH variable to compile few
java files. Pls pls help me i am really stuck

regards
Manisha