Hi,

Thanks for your help. Also, I looked into archives and got more details.

Still, I am not able to load any jsp which is comipled to class and deployed
in a war file containing web.xml. On the other hand, I am able to get an
html (also packed in the war file) loaded without any error.

conf/server.xml has entry as follows -

      <Context path="/myProj" docBase="C:/tomcat4.0/myProj.war"
         debug="0" privileged="true" >

conf/web.xml has enry as follows -

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>client</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>client</servlet-class>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>client</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/client.jsp</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

Upon issuing URL as : http://localhost:8080/myProj/client.jsp, following
error is thrown :

HTTP Status 500 : Internal Server Error
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class client or
a class it depends on
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:87
3)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)

Could any one help.

Thanks in advance,

Abhay