I'd go with my first suggestion then although I'm sure there's a better way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Bathje [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 December 2004 17:12
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: dynamically compile JSPs

Well they are being precompiled at first. The problem is that some of
the pages are being uploaded/overwritten through a web interface, and
the changes aren't immediately visible to users. (They have to wait for
the scheduled recompile to happen to see the changes they made.)

Matt

Dale, Matt wrote:
> This might be a long way round but you could call a system ant job to compile
> them. Or if it is appropriate in your environment you should just precompile
> them anyway, this way there will be no performance hit at all on your
> production server when a new deployment is made.
>
> Ta
> Matt

Any opinions expressed in this E-mail may be those of the individual and not
necessarily the company. This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this E-mail in error and that any
use or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in
error please notify the beCogent postmaster at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual
sender and not beCogent Ltd. You must take full responsibility for virus
checking this email and any attachments.
Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may
contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and that
you must ensure that any handling or processing of such data by you is fully
compliant with the terms and provisions of the Data Protection Act 1984 and
1998.