Because of the way that Tomcat figures out your classpath it is best to place the mmmySQL driver in the /lib of Tomcat.  I put it there on a win98 machine and connected first time.

----- Original Message -----
From: dick
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 10:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySql Problem

Hi Dinman,

Did you set your classpath to point the location where you place you mmysql
driver?
Actually you can place the driver anywhere you like provided that you set
the classpath correctly!
Of course ,you have to prefix the driver class with the correct package name
e.g. org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Believe it or not, many people mistype the "gjt" package name as "git" and
thus result in a Driver not found error!

Regards

Dick Poon