Greg Lappen wrote:

Also, I'm thinking that I probably don't want them both running off the same install directory because what if I want to test a new version of Tomcat in the test environment? The only thing I'm saving by having them both run from the same directory is a few megs of space right?

Hi Greg,

you might search for the file RUNNING.txt in /usr/local/tomcat for more information. There were other threads on 9th and 13th December 2004 in this list discussing the same topic. Your particular problem can be solved by specifying the appropriate parameter (-outfile) when starting your tomcats using jsvc (the java commons daemon). I wrote a script and a short description for installation of multiple tomcat instances and put it to http://miti.sourceforge.net/ .

Wolfgang