On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 02:47:27PM -0800, Shankar Unni wrote:
: For JSPs, all is cool: <%= application.getInitParameter("foo") %>
: returns these parameters.
:
: For Servlets, how do I get at them from the init() method? (I need them
: there!). I find that calling config.getInitParameter() doesn't return
: these (where "config" is the parameter to init() - it only returns the
: actual <init-param>s configured within the <servlet>).

Which init() overload do you use?
        init()
        init( ServletConfig )

Using the latter, you should be able to call:
        ServletConfig#getServletContext() --> getInitParameter()

The other poster had the right idea, though: create a ContextListener
that populates a local (app-specific) object with this data. Code
your app to fetch its needed info from this object.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com