On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 07:11:24PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: > Is there any way to include jsp code dynamically besides the jsp:include
: > method?
:
: I'm thinking of using symbolic links... with the allowLinking flag.  Then,
: I can access jsp files outside of the web app by following the symbolic
: link out.  I just have to make sure that the symbolic link is recreated
: before Tomcat starts up.  (Or actually, before any jsp's are compiled.)
This is a short-term fix, almost a hack.  It makes your app less
portable between different OSs (not all OSs support symlinks), between
containers (not all containers support "allowLinking"), and between
exploded-dir and WAR format webapps.

I'm not saying it won't work; I'm just saying it'll hurt in the long
run.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net