On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:46:24 -0700, D. Stimits wrote:

: Jacob Kjome wrote:
: >
: > I think you have to set validating to true in server.xml.  Otherwise, the
file
: > is parsed in a non-validating fashion.  Sorry, don't remember exactly where
you
: > set this, but I do seem to recall something like this.  It's probably on the
: > <Host> tag, but I'm not sure.  Check the docs.
:
: This might be the case, but so far I've been unable to find any
: documentation about this as a feature of tomcat 5. Possibly it is just
: undocumented on the jakarta web site docs. The server.xml file itself
: isn't really XML, so there is no DTD to refer to either.

>From the docs at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

"The standard implementation of Context is
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.  It supports the following
additional attributes (in addition to the common attributes listed
above):"

Then a little farther down in the attrubute table:

"tldValidation
If the value of this flag is true, the TLD files will be
XML validated on context startup.  The default value for this flag is
false, and setting it to true will incur a performance penalty.  "

--
Mark Miesfeld
[EMAIL PROTECTED]