Hello Trond,

now that's an in depth explanation. Thanks a lot. Sorry for my questions, but I was somehow too much focused on the old tomcat 4.1 configuration.

Thanks once again for your patience. You've helped me a lot.

Greetings

Michael Kastner

Trond G. Ziarkowski schrieb:
Hi Michael

    -jvm <JVM name>
        use a specific Java Virtual Machine. Available JVMs:
            'null'

It says null because jsvc cannot find your jvm.cfg file. On my system i ran jsvc -debug -help to find out where it was looking for it. I found that jsvc was expecting to find my jvm.cfg in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib, but the file resides in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386. So I made a symlink to it in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib and then running jsvc -help on my box is looking like this:
-jvm <JVM name>
use a specific Java Virtual Machine. Available JVMs:
'client' 'server'

Now you should be able to start jsvc with the -jvm server option set. To actually verify that the server vm is started you can put this <%=System.getProperty("java.vm.name")%> inside a jsp and it should say: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM

Trond