The exceptions will log out to your log file if you actually bother to
capture the exceptions and log them. The exceptions bubbling to the top in
catalina.out are those that get out of your code.

Don't let them out and capture them yourself. You can try (I haven't done
this) to put a catch-all Filter at the top of your app that does nothing but

public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse resp, FilterChain
chain)
{
    try {
        filterChain.doFilter(request, response);
    }
    catch(Throwable t) {
        log.WARN(t);
    }
}

(making this work is left as an excercise for the reader)

Regards,

Will Hartung
([EMAIL PROTECTED])