To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 11:40 PM
Subject: How to release connections in connection pool during reload?

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat's connection pooling feature which is implemented with Jakarta's DBCP to manage database access, and I just noticed that each time
when I do a "reload" (either via Ant or Tomcat manager), a database connection is added to the database server. Though this isn't a big problem in the production environment, but it's a bit annoying during development when I'm interactively developing and reloading the application. Currently, I will run "reload" till all the database connections have been exhausted, and then restart Tomcat server. There must a better way to do this. How do I
destroy or reuse the connections in the pool? Any suggestion?

---
Lucie