I think that is HTTP/1.1 for you ... but the details are a little foggy

PJ

Hunt, Joseph (OVBU- Ft.Collins) wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
        I have created an html document that contains several <Iframe>s
that all refer to the same JSP page.  The JSP simply
waits(Thread.sleep()) 5 seconds and then returns some text.  When I open
the html document in either IE or Mozilla after 5 seconds I see the
first two iframes load, then 5 seconds later, I see the next two, etc.
        I am using the default config params on tomcat 5.0.28 on Win XP
Pro.  If I understand them correctly, I should have between 25
(minSpareThreads) and 150(maxSpareTreads) threads available.  Why do the
requests wait for the previous to complete as if there are only two
threads handling the requests?
        In my research, I have noticed that connecting from other
machines, I get two concurrent requests per machine.  For example, if I
open the html page on three machines simultaneously, it appears that I
have 6 threads in tomcat working.  But I am always restricted to two
concurrent requests per client.  I have also noticed that if I use both
IE and Mozilla on the same machine, I am able to get at most 4
consecutive requests.  Again 2 requests from each browser.  If I open 3
IE browsers on the same machine I see the updates happen two at a time
across all the browsers.
        Is there some piece of configuration that I am missing?  Where
is this two concurrent requests coming from?

BTW it does not appear to be the browser that is dispatching only two
requests.  I can add any number of additional Iframes pointing to
non-tomcat sites and they seem to begin loading immediately.

Thanks,

Joe Hunt
HP OpenView (970)898-6402