To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:44 PM
Subject: connection refused when testing jsp

Hi:

I have just installed jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4.exe to run some jsp pages
on my comp locally.
After installing, i enter http://localhost:8080 in the address field
of my browser, and pressed enter.  I receive this error message.

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:8080"

I had run Tomcat version 4 before, and nothing like this happened. Can anyone please help me. I am running:
Windows XP service pack 2 jdk-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe
j2eesdk-1_4-windows.exe

thank you.