To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: set default web application

Thanks for your reply. I turned on the debug and didn't see any error log. I still get blank screen when I request http://localhost:8081 (I change the port to be 8081), the following is the log that when request the default http://localhost:8081:

DEBUG http-8081-Processor24
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean -
preRegister [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8081,name=HttpRequest1
 DEBUG http-8081-Processor24
org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener -
Handle

Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8081,name=HttpRequest1
 DEBUG http-8081-Processor24
org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener -
Handle

Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8081,name=HttpRequest1
 DEBUG http-8081-Processor24
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool - Getting
new thread data

However, both http://localhost:8081/ROOT1 and
http://localhost:8081/struts-mailreader works
perfectly. I checked the applications using manager,
there are /ROOT1, /struts-mailreader, there is no
application "/".

I think there should be a step by step faq to do
this common task.

Thanks again.

Turn up debugging and check your logs. It should
report on startup what is processed. Look for
errors.

Move the ROOT folder out of the webapps folder.

After step 3 would step 1 still work?

Doug