I am going nuts trying to figure out why:
An application created using Jdeveloper 3.2.3 (on Windows 2000). Some
pages send XML as response. When using Jdev, JSP/Web-to-go server
everything is fine. Now trying to migrate to TomCat 5.5. For pages that
return XML, I am noticing a rather 'hang' like behaviour. As if client
is waiting for something: Moreover when using telnet no such problem
exists - the response comes boom. (Not sure how to look at header - I
do not see any headers in the response in telnet)

I put a time stamp at beginning and end of my processing. Elapsed time
is 20ms. Page size < 500 b. All done locally. Browser (Internet
Explorer) takes about 9s to display the XML. Page is buffered (32K,
though doesn't help, autoflush on). I even tried with response.SetHeader
(Connection, close) no luck.

Similarly my (C++) client makes a bunch of call to such JSP pages
returning XML. Each time the processing supposed to happen, happens in
20-100ms. But the client seems to be 'waiting': gaps between timestamp
for next request spans more than 10-30s. The client uses Microsoft's
IXMLHttpRequest (MSXML v3). Any ideas what could be happening?

Also any reason for cookies not be written by Tomcat (the Jdev does
write that)

mucho gracias