As Tim said, JNDIRealm does not have the ability to do that...So you
will have to write a custom code (after you authenticate and get into
the 'admin area' ) to make a connection to your realm and retrieve the
list of users.
However, Current JNDIRealm does not support ldap with SSL and it's not
a good idea to use simple authentication on production.  I have raised
this issue on discussion threads in the past, but never seem to get an
answer from anybody.  There is an option available to use "native
java/ldap implementation of a realm module for the tomcat server"
developed by tony dahbura [http://www.dahbura.com/ldap/] and it
supports Realm Authentication via SSL.
I would like to know what is the status of development on JNDIRealm
and how close it is to achieving the goal of authentication via SSL!