what browser ar you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 6:24 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: problem with Basic authentication -- no window to login

Hi
i was able to make my application work with form authentication, then i
changed the login-config to make it basic authentication like below, but
i am not getting any login window, it just gives me no access 403 error
why <login-config>  <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>  <realm-name>Basic
Authentication Area</realm-name> </login-config>

Ashish