Its a limit of the java compiler. This was once an issue with an older version of jasper then some refactorings made that problem less apparent.

Odds are your jsp is *huge* so it will probbaly be painful to debug. Split the jsp into seperate pieces and use <jsp:include>.

If you are using @includes to include source - that could be another reason for such a large file.

[Personally .. @includes are evil]

-Tim

Kelly, Steve wrote:

When trying to run my web app (Tomcat 5.5.6 on RedHat Linux 9) I get the
following error:-
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP Generated servlet error: The code of method
_jspService(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) is exceeding the 65535 bytes
limit Is this a JSP, tomcat or Linux limit ? Where can I change it ?
Thanks in advance,
Steve.