Call me a realist, but the jars you are talking about are only
375k...if 375k of memory kill your web app, go to ebay, and pick up
another gig of ram, and it will be fine. :-)

Seriously, I have been down the path you are describing ("I only want
one copy of my jars, so when I upgrade, I only have to do it once!"),
and trust me...it sucks.

The first time you upgrade one and it breaks 3 others, you (not to
mention your customers) will be very, very unhappy. And no, "I thought
it would work!" will not be an acceptable response.

In addition, jars in the shared/lib classloader may or may not use the
appropriate classloader to load configuration resources - it they your
"this.getClass().getClassloader()", it just plain will not work if it
is not in the WEB-INF/lib directory. Ever.

Larry