Hello all!

I am trying to precompile my JSPs using org.apache.jasper.JspC.
Problem: The ones that use JSTL result in uncompilable Java code.
[Sorry for my english. Is it uncompilable or incompilable?]

Example:

  <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>
  <title>JSTL test</title>
  <c:if test="${true}">
    <c:out value="this is JSTL :)" />
  </c:if>

The resulting Java file contains this line:

  if (_jspx_meth_c_out_0(_jspx_th_c_if_0, _jspx_page_context))
  return true;

The (Eclipse) compiler complains:

  The method _jspx_meth_c_out_0(JspTag, PageContext) in the type
  test_jsp is not applicable for the arguments (IfTag, PageContext)

"IfTag" is org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.IfTag.
"JspTag" is javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspTag.

IfTag extends javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.ConditionalTagSupport.
ConditionalTagSupport extends javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport.
TagSupport implements javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspTag.

So this looks right. Any idea what the problem is?
I am using JSTL 1.1.2 with Tomcat 5.0.26.

best wishes,
Marcus Beyer