Ashish Kulkarni ha scritto:
Hi
May be try putting the following in web.xml file just
before taglib ( i am not sure but works with 2.2)
        <error-page>
                <error-code>403</error-code>

                <location>/pages/error/noaccess.jsp</location>
        </error-page>

        <error-page>
                <error-code>401</error-code>

                <location>/pages/error/noaccess.jsp</location>
        </error-page>

Ashish

Thanks for the answer, but this method doesnt work. Infact if a resourse is under authentication (like manager) and i setup a 401 page error, the system does not ask for user and password but presents immediately the error page. I think i have to use something other than basic auth, at least to create my own login page :D

Tx all

Giorgio Ponza

--- Omar Adobati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry... you are using the basic auth
mode... there was a
missunderstanding... sorry again...