> From: Andreas Andersson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Using native and ld_library_path
>
> Could I do something like
> java -DLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/so-file ?

Yes, except the property name is java.library.path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only the
environment variable name).  The default for Linux systems is /usr/lib:/lib
(for UNIX, it's just /usr/lib), so you could put the .so file there.

I think you have to be careful about where the System.loadLibrary() call is
issued, since a native library can only be loaded for one class loader.  This
has implications for sharing the code across applications and for redeploying
applications.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.