Mladen Turk wrote:
> Richard Mixon (qwest) wrote:
>> John,
>>  <SNIP>
>>> From what I do understand:
>>  1) At the point that you decide to do maintenance on one machine,
>> you need to change your workers.properties and set local_worker=0
>>  for that particular machine. 2) Then do a "reload" on your Apache
>>  configuration. 3) JK will then stop directing new traffic to the
>>  designated machine. 4) After all sessions have expired or quiesced
>> you can stop that Tomcat instance and do the maintenance.
>>

> No.
> This means that you will need to disable the connector (using JMX)
> on Tomcat. That will cause new connections being rejected, and new
> sessions will come from another node.
> Use JMX console and invoke stop() method on connector.
> New sessions should failover to another node.

Mladen,

Thanks. I am trying to use the Tomcat Admin console to do this (I
believe this uses JMX). The only option it provides is to "delete" the
connection. I tried "deleting" the port "8009" connection in the first
Tomcat instance, leaving port 9009 running on the second Tomcat
instance. However JK continues to direct traffic to the first Tomcat,
apparently successfullly.

Any suggestions?

Thank you - Richard