Let me float the problem by you. Maybe I am overlooking something in
the config. We have a hard coded URI that goes
"/servlet/com.bo.hsal.HSALServlet?foo" (it is in 3rd party software
that we do not have the source for). With the invoker taken out, any
call to /servlet fails because it cannot find a context (with the
invoker in the config, it finds it in the "default context").

What combination of <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> would you use in
the web.xml?

Maye I have the config wrong.

And yes, this migration is a Royal Pain in the posterior. Don't get me started.

Ben Ricker

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:58:47 -0500, Parsons Technical Services
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The different jvm can be a real headache. Even the same jvm on different
> platforms can be a pain. And you have both!
>
> I think it will work but I work on Win and Linux so I can't swear to it. I
> know it's the normal way to do it.
>
> Let us know if you need anything more.
>
> Doug
>

> Ben wrote:
> >I will try putting the ervlet mapping in the app web.xml.
> >
> > A note: the config I gave WORKS on Solaris (using 1.3.1 Sun) but not
> > on AIX (using IBM 1.3.1  JDK). We have several other issue where
> > something works out-of-the-box on Solaris but does not work on AIX
> > with IBM's JDK. Frustrating, that is.
> >
> > Ben Ricker
> >
> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:45:02 -0500, Parsons Technical Services
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I have not worked with TC4 but I think your problem is that the mappings
> >> for
> >> the servlets should be in the web.xml for the app and not in the general
> >> web.xml. Also when you do the mappings in the app web.xml you do not need
> >> fully qualified paths.
> >>
> >> Doug
> >
> > --
> > Ben Ricker