Sorry I'm coming into this discussion so late. I tend not to read work email on weekends for my own sanity.

Let's not equate IPs with users. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of places that use cable routers to share one internet IP with a number of different clients. Here in Ithaca, it's as common as water with student housing doing some not so legal things with their Roadrunner hook-ups. I'm sure other areas are doing the same stuff with both cable routers and wireless access points.

The facts of the matter are you have two different sessions with two different login. Personally I would consider that enough to determine there are two different people regardless of the common IP.

--David

Mark wrote:

I'm trying to figure out is "is the client on remote network has a
duplicated id's (id used in my aplication).

Here an example:
I have two entries in access log file within 30 second from the same
IP, but different logon id - my question is how to track it down that
it's a different person?

I check cookies: sessionID is not the same, but it doesn't help since
you can close and open a browser to create a new cooke string.

It might be getting of Tomcat topic, but any input is welcome.

Thanks,
Mark.

--- "Cervenka, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark,

Why do want to know the internal NAT ip address of a request? How
is
this helpful?

Also, what if the requests come from clients with accounts on the
same
multiuser system? Are you trying to figure out how to tell them
apart?
There is no NAT address in this case.

Maybe what you are trying to do is best solved by using cookies?
What is
it that you are trying to do?

Tom

For additional commands, e-mail: