I use the una driver from www.inetsoftware.de
They have a range of drivers, responsive tech support and decent prices.

I can't comment on your problems really. The failure to reload servlets may be
configuration related or NT related. One of my
clients uses ServletExec which sometimes reflects changes, sometimes reflects changes
after starting and stopping the IIS services
and sometimes requires a complete restart to reflect changes - go figure.

One way to have a bit of success with the JDBC-ODBC driver would be to access it from
a Connection Pool that has only a single
connection (ie max Connections = 1) . This should protect you from its lack of thread
safe operation and once you are ready to move
to a "real" jdbc driver you'll only need to change your configured driver.

BTW I have a wrapper for the bitmechanic connection pool that would allow you to do
this easily.
(http://www.knightsofthenet.com/projects/SQLPool) If anyone downloaded this before it
now compiles :-) and adds a shutdown hook for
worry free server operation.

HTH