Tomcat 5 hides index.jsp, tomcat 4 does not.

-Tim

Scott Purcell wrote:

Hello,
I have a web site that I want accessed using the dns name:
eg:
http://www.purcell.com
I have a welcome-file entry which says go to index.jsp.
Of course the page loads and the url looks like this:
http://www.purcell.com/index.jsp
Is there anyway to remove the index.jsp, but display that page. Occasionally I see that when I am surfing and wonder how this is accomplished?
Does anyone know how to configure this to show a clean url in browser. (aside from JS).