Hi,
    This is an excerpt of my code, to get a Context.
Try and see if it works for you.

     31   private void initDataSource () {
     32     try {
     33       Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
     34       Context envCtx = (Context)
initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
     35       dataSource = (DataSource)
envCtx.lookup("jdbc/Taglib");
     36     }
     37     catch (NamingException e) {
     38       System.out.println("ERR: Unable to
Initialize Data Source (" + e + ")");
     39     }
     40   }

Configs of web.xml is similar to yours. However am not
sure if you need an additional parameter to <web-app>
like so:

      8   <context-param>
      9     <param-name>dataSource</param-name>
     10     <param-value>jdbc/Taglib</param-value>
     11   </context-param>

Check the dtd description at
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd for
further info.

aka_sergio

--- Dan Washusen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm trying to get container managed authentication
> going under Tomcat
> 5.5 using the
> org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm class.
> I've
> configured a DataSource using the name "jdbc/MindDB"
> and I can access
> that from within my app, but when the configured
> DataSourceRealm tries
> to access it I get
> "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is
> not bound in this Context".
>
> My context.xml looks like this:
> <Context path="/mind"
>
> docBase="D:/Development/Projects/mind/src/webapp"
>     debug="5" reloadable="true">
>       <Resource name="jdbc/MindDB" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>               maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
>               username="mind" password="********"
> driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
>               url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mind"/>
>
>       <Realm

className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"