From: Peter Lin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 7:37 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Attn developers of Tomcat and JK

If you want immediately support Covalent offers it. I don't work for
covalent, but they are reliable.

the tone of your post is very rude and frankly completely inappropriate.
I've come across bugs in every webserver I've used.
Here is a short list, IIS, weblogic, websphere, resin, netscape and
tomcat.

of all the servers I've used over the last 6 years, tomcat is the most
responsive in terms of fixing bugs and useful responses. Now that
doesn't mean it's perfect or any where near perfect. Obviously you're
using IIS, so why not just use .NET, C# and ADO.

if you haven't got the experience or skill to use tomcat, than you're
wasting everyone's time. Including your own valuable time. Quite
honestly, for commercial products, you're looking at 8-12 months turn
around time for a patch. Even then, it probably won't fix the problem.
There are plenty of qualified and experienced developers who know tomcat
insdie and out. I would advise hiring some one because it's near
impossible to diagnose your problem without being at the system.

peter lin