I'm trying to clean up a few files that have JNDI data access. I want to move the datasource name to the web.xml for easier maintenance and to avoid having to hardcode it into the app.

If I have a datasource in the context-param area of the web.xml file, how can it be called?

<context-param>
   <param-name>jdbcDataSource</param-name>
   <param-value>java:comp/env/jdbc/RestaurantDS</param-value>
</context-param>

pageContext. getServletContext().getInitParameter("insert-context-param-name-here");

The above doesn't work here... does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks,

Jack

private void initialize()
{
   try {
       Context ctx = null;
       DataSource ds = null;
       Connection conn = null;
       Result result = null;
       try {
           ctx = new InitialContext();
           ds = (DataSource)
                ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/RestaurantDS");
       } catch (Exception e) {
       System.out.println("DataSource context lookup failed: " + e);
   }
   try {
       conn = ds.getConnection();
       } catch (Exception e) {
       System.out.println("DataSource getConnection failed: " + e);
         e.printStackTrace();
   }