> From: Chris Hosler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am having a problem getting SSL to work on my tomcat 5 sever so I
> would like to know what each segment of the class name means from the
> server.xml file
> (className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector)
> and how it affect the SSL on my server. When I looked at my server.xml
> file the classname was not there I have removed the rem statements but
> SSL does not work I think I have it wrong.  Do I even need to add the
> classname can I run without it Just use the port 8443? Do I need to
> change the org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector and
> change it to my domain name/server name ?
> Any help would be great

It's the Java package and class name of the connector to use - think of
it as the full postal address of the code.  That package name is
internal to Tomcat, and is set by the developers.  If you change it in
your config file, unless you have another appropriate connector in a
library somewhere, you'll *definitely* screw up your configuration.

If you're interested in the gory details of where the name comes from,
open up server/lib/catalina.jar in your tomcat installation with
something like Winzip and follow the package names down - you'll find
the .class file in there.

                - Peter