Hi,
I am also having a somewat similar problem.I installed tomcat5.5.7 on my
windows xp system through the *.exe file.The server starts and stops properly
but i dont know why I am not able to see the index file.When i give the command
"http://localhost:8080/",it displays nothing.I even tried to "ping" localhost
and that works.Can someone please tell me where I am goin wrong.
thanks