Hi,
   One of the things you have to do is put support
classes for jsp in a package. I dont recall when those
requirements has changed.

aka_sergio
--- Sam Halicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all, first time posting to the list.
>
> I'm having several problems migrating JSPs and
> class/jar files to Tomcat
> 5.5.7 from Tomcat 3. I understand this is a big
> move, but I'm trying to
> avoid any rewrite of the JSPs themselves.
> Documentation for tomcat 5.5.x is
> rather sparse and terribly cryptic.
>
> Each webapp is using its own local classes (which I
> have copied into the
> local WEB-INF directory in /classes /lib etc.), as
> well as some common
> classes/jars which have been copied into the
> /tomcat/common/ directory tree.
> Should I be using the /tomcat/shared/ tree? This
> does not seem to matter as
> jasper will consistently throw me errors from
> compiling the JSPs.
>
> Here is the root cause of one such error:
>
> HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error
>
> ROOT CAUSE
> java.lang.NullPointerException

biz.shipflex.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:51)

org.apache.jsp.ShipFlex.Website.MainPage_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.Ship
> Flex.Website.MainPage_jsp:52)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
> 25)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)

> My basic setup is as follows:
>
> Apache 2.x            /usr/local/apache
> Tomcat 5.5.7  /usr/local/tomcat
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tomcat]# echo $CLASSPATH

/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/Common/Classes/:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/Shipping

/Classes/:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/scripts/Classes/:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_01/l