Hi,
   Please look at the very robust Cocoon project under
apache too.  See http://cocoon.apache.org  download
the code via cvs, compile it and there is an
Internationalization sample.  Am positive you will
like cocoon.  Im not doing it justice with my very
very simple explanation.  You have to try it and see
and it does run on Tomcat or resin, orion, oracle,
jboss, etc.. :)

aka_sergio