Hi,
   I have no problem doing that in linux, having the
jsp files and  classes in another directory besides
being under $CATALINA_HOME.
  I wonder if you can try using a forward slash in
windows.

aka_sergio

--- Rico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- sven morales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Are you putting your classes at
> tomcat5/webapps/yourwebapp/WEB-INF/classes ?
>
> What I outlined in my email is that when I don't do
> the above
> because I use my own <Context docBase="C:\myWebApp"
> path="/something">
>
> Tomcat cannot find the resources as follows:
> C:\myWebApp\WEB-INF\classes\hibernate.cfg.xml and
> C:\myWebApp\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties
>
> Is that supposed to be the case?
>
> And when I install the web application to
> <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/<app_folder> then it can
> find

<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/<app_folder>/WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.cfg.xml
> and

<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/<app_folder>/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties