Well you are correct, it does not directly extend HTTPServlet, it extends the
Struts ActionServlet (which extends HttpServlet).
This Servlet worked previously, until I tried to package the war inside an ear
file and move the classes into a common jar file inside the ear.
(I have added a web services interface in a separate war file).
In the Manifest file of both the war files, I have specified the common jar
file in the "Class-Path" property.

Here is the class declaration:

import java.io.File;
import javax.servlet.ServletConfig;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet;
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout;
import org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender;

public class GtorActionServlet extends ActionServlet{

Thanks,
Adrian

On Monday 21 February 2005 17:15, Michael Greer wrote:
> Could you post the class itself? Perhaps it does _not_ implement
> servlet (most likely scenario).
>
> On Feb 21, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Adrian Wilford wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am having a problem with Tomcat - I am running JBOSS 4.0.1 using
> > Tomcat as
> > the web container, and I am getting this odd Exception thrown, it says
> > that
> > my class (which definitely extends Servlet) is not a Servlet ?!?!?

Adrian Wilford
Email (Home): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email (Work): [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Work: +27 11 722 7498