I'd worry about character encoding if I were you. I bet someone is
transcoding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Varley, Roger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: HttpServletInputStream is corrupting data?

Hi

I don't think that this is a Tomcat problem per-se, but it involves
Tomcat so I'm asking here in the hope that someone else has seen this
before.

An external program reads XML from a file on disk into a
ByteArrayOutputStream to calculate the length of the data. The byte
array is extracted from the stream and written to the OutputStream of a
URLConnection object which is pointing to my servlet running under
Tomcat 4.1.31. The servlet reads the XML from the HttpServletRequest
InputStream and performs an XSLT transformation on it.

If I point the URL to the normal port 80, the request is routed through
Microsoft IIS server and passed to Tomcat. The input stream read by
Tomcat is corrupt - parts of the file are missing. However, if I point
the URL to Tomcat directly via port 8080 everything works fine. I've
verified that the original disk file is valid, the byte array created by
the external program is correct and contains correct data and that all
the correct data is written to the URLConnection by the external
program. Has anyone either seen something like this before or have any
suggestions as to where to start looking.

Regards
Roger

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.