I have a wierd problem.  Tomcat on W2k barks FileNotFound Exceptions for the
log4j.properties file when i execute a servlet that instantiates log4j.
Strangely enough the actual file that i create and log to with log4j.properties
file logs out just fine even though stdout.log said that it couldn't find my
log4j.properties file.

Only time i don't get an error is when i put log4j.properites in my
winnt/system32 directory.  But this doesnt make sense to me.  I supply
-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties to Java at startup and still get the
same error.  I also tried the FULL path to my log4j.properties in the -D
option.

Instantiated like this across my app.

private static final Logger zLogger = Logger.getLogger(MyClassName.class);

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong.

thanks