Thank you for the replies. Ms Access is not a
relational databaase. It's just DBMS. I didn't know
that PostGreSQL is a open source RDBMS system. All the
sqls, table creation etc.. works similar to Oracle or
any other RDBMS? I'm working on windows 2000 machine.

--- Antony Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I dont whether MS Access is considered as RDBMS. For
> serious
> development it is not recommended. Using ODBC have
> several problems. I
> will recommend PostgreSQL. Now it runs very well on
> Windows. But
> requires Windows 2000 or higher. You can find it at
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.1/win32/.
>     I am using it and have no problems. I am posting
> my configuration
> that I used to set up DBCP.
>
> server.xml
> -----------------------------------
> <GlobalNamingResources>
>
>     <!-- Test entry for demonstration purposes -->
>     <Environment name="simpleValue"
> type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>
>
>     <!-- Editable user database that can also be
> used by
>          UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
>     <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>
> type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
>        description="User database that can be
> updated and saved"

>           pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
>
>           <Resource name="jdbc/db1" auth="Container"
>             type="javax.sql.DataSource"

factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

> > > follow MySQL config. And no need to put
> commons*.jar
> > > in commons/lib as
> > > TC by default comes with it.
> > >
> > > rgds
> > > Antony Paul
> > >

> > > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:52:13 -0800 (PST), U K
> Laxmi
> luck.
> > > When
> > > available in

> coded
> > > all
> in

> > > import="java.sql.*"%>

> planning

> request.getParameter("userid");
> request.getParameter("passwd");

> > > Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");

conn=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:driver={Microsoft

> user

> > > st.getString("password");

> =
> > > st.getInt("level");